I restarted the BE services on the media host and the local backup job works now. I did teh same on the remote hosts (VM's) but they still fail. I re-ran the remote agent and aofo setup scripts (setupaa.cmd and setupaofo.cmd) on the remote hosts and the job still fails.
Any help is appreciated.
On a completely different media host. I did a search on the error and the number one response is my very own post from last March. I have a new BU install on a newly built win2k3 server and have new jobs created from scratch. The problem started on my weekday incremental VMWARE job on Monday, out of the blue after several weeks of smooth running.
My corresponding FULL job, which runs on Saturday, backs up the full vm's without GRT. It also failed, but only one guest actually failed of the 3. That failure was different...
Error : e00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
ll, or at least most of teh data seems to have backed up, so this one may be a non issue. But the incremental GRT backups are failing completely, wity no data copied.