cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups on hold that don't actually exist anymore.

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

Using backup exec 2012

Well, after finally getting the Job View repaired temporarily, I've come to find that I have 12 backup jobs on hold. That's fine and well, except for the fact that these backup jobs don't exist. There're completely inaccessible via the UI in any way, shape or form. I used BEMCLI to actually figure out what these mystery jobs were, and it turns out, they're all incremental runs of a job set that no longer exists. I have no way of removing these jobs either, as, though i can see them with BEMCLI, and i can even invoke get-BEJob "Name" on them to retrieve the information about them, I am unable to invoke get-BEJob "Name" | Remove-BeJob on them, as it throws an error that the specified job doesn't exist.

I'm guessing this is an error with the catalogs, and wanted to know if just using BEUtilty to rebuild my catalogs would do the trick and wipe these things out of existence. If not, how do I clear them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Easier would be to contact Support...I am sure they would be able to delete the obsolete jobs from the BEDB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

Below article is some what relevant to the issue which you have described above.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184454

VJware
Level 6

Easier would be to contact Support...I am sure they would be able to delete the obsolete jobs from the BEDB

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

No way to just manually remove them myself, then?

AmolB

Editing BEDB is not recommended but if you have a valid support with Symantec than you may open

a case to get the entries removed from the BEDB

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

Alright. I'll just have to open a case for it and get it fixed eventually, thanks.