cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare metal restore from VMware backup

grnrabbit
Not applicable
 I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to perform bare metal restore to a physical computer using backups taken by Backup Exec agent for VMware
From the documentation that I read it looks like VM backups store VMDK files inside. So in order to perform bare metal restore to a physical computer, it should be some piece that converts it into an image of a physical disk
Is there such piece in the Backup Exec products family? Which components I need to put together in order to achieve this?

I'm pretty new into this stuff, so any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
I think you are looking for something along the lines of Backup Exec System Recovery.  This will allow you to take a backup of one machine and restore it to another fairly easily.  It's a different product then Backup Exec for Windows Servers, but I'm pretty sure it will do what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
I think you are looking for something along the lines of Backup Exec System Recovery.  This will allow you to take a backup of one machine and restore it to another fairly easily.  It's a different product then Backup Exec for Windows Servers, but I'm pretty sure it will do what you are looking for.