cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be9.1 for Oracle DB

themis
Level 3
 Hello,
We are currently running Backup Exec 9.1 on a windows 2003 server. After backingup our Oracle database, once the Verify is completed, the log is deleted. Is there anyway we could stop this deletion from happening?

Thanks

themis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Angelos
Level 3
 How is BE set to deal with the logs?  On the "Tools" menu, select "Options", then click on the "Logs" tab.  There should be a setting for "Number of completed jobs to keep".  If this was set to "zero", then I could image the behaviour you're describing.

Also, if you have the setting "Print job log after verify" checked, and there is a problem with the default printer, then things may go awry as well.

Post your settings and I can be more specific.

Angelos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

C_Andy
Level 4
 You need to put BE into archive log mode
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240344.htm
Almost by default this is disabled because the log files become unwieldy after a very short time.

Hope this helps

Andy

Angelos
Level 3
 How is BE set to deal with the logs?  On the "Tools" menu, select "Options", then click on the "Logs" tab.  There should be a setting for "Number of completed jobs to keep".  If this was set to "zero", then I could image the behaviour you're describing.

Also, if you have the setting "Print job log after verify" checked, and there is a problem with the default printer, then things may go awry as well.

Post your settings and I can be more specific.

Angelos

xaBo
Level 3
Partner

Go to Job details and select Oracle Feature, do next...

Delete backed up archive
log files
----------------------------------
Check Delete backed up archive log files to delete the archived log
files automatically after the backup.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not back up archived
logfiles that have already
been backed up
----------------------------------
Check Do not back up archived logfiles that have already been
backed up to have Backup Exec skip any archived logfiles that
have been backed up previously.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best !