cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BemCLI: Get Exception List of a backup job

lufist
Level 3

Hello,

i wasn't able to get the exceptions of a Job via the BemCLI like I see them in the GUI of BackupExec 2012 under "Job Log"/"Exceptions".

Has anyone an idea how to get a list of the exception during the runtime of a job? 

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not aware of any BEMCLI cmdlet which will give you the list of exceptions whether while the job is running or after the job.  After the job completes, you can get the job log with BEMCLI and examine it.  The exceptions would be in the joblog.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

can you post both the job logs and what command are you running to get this result.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not aware of any BEMCLI cmdlet which will give you the list of exceptions whether while the job is running or after the job.  After the job completes, you can get the job log with BEMCLI and examine it.  The exceptions would be in the joblog.

lufist
Level 3

Hello,

thanks for your reply. 

Get-BEJobHistory "<JobName>" | Get-BEJobLog

did the trick. The output format can be controlled with the parameter -OutputStyle

I want to parse a part of the output and use it in our monitoring script in Microsoft Powershell. The output in txt and html format isn't easy to parse. Isn't there a more reliable and more easy to parse possibility to get the job log? 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

One of the parameters in the Get-BEJobHistory output is the JobLogFilePath.  You can use this to get the joblog in XML format and then use the XML parser in Powershell to parse the file for easier extraction and analysis.