Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beremote.exe on Windows server 2008 R2 Standard

draco755
Level 3

Hi,

I have another problem.

The beremote.exe crash all time. I'm try this help (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129908&actp=search&viewlocale=en_... and http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130513) but it's not work. I don't understand.

It's very problematic because I can not backup this server.

My current version of backup exec is 2010 R3.
Best regard

17 REPLIES 17

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried any of the following:

1. Updated the media server and then push-installed the the updates to your remote servers, and then checked again?

2. Removed the RAWS agent from that server and then reinstalled it?

3. Checked that no AV or firewall is preventing comms between the media server and that remote server?

Thanks!

draco755
Level 3

Hi,

I have updated the media server. The version of Remote agent utility is 13.0 Rev. 5204.0.

I've removed the Raws and reinstalled

The firewall is disabled.

it still does not work...

Here, the message of windows server:

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the data that you are backing up? Is it just files/folders or have selected any Application database for the backups?

Thanks,

-Sush...

draco755
Level 3

just files and folders

Sush---
Level 6

Please check the version of beremote.exe files on Media server and Remote servers. From the above posts it shows the version as 13.0.5204.0 which suggest that its not updated.

If SP2 is not installed then you need to install SP2 of BE 2010 R3 and then push install the Remote agent again to the remote server after which the versions should show something as 13.0.5204.116.

Thanks,

-Sush...

draco755
Level 3

The SP2 and Hotfix 180429 are installed.

Bellow, the version of beremote.exe

On Media server:

On Remote servers:

Sush---
Level 6

Now you see... the difference in the version on the teo beremote files suggest that the one from the Remote server is not updated.

Thanks,

-Sush...

draco755
Level 3

VJware
Level 6

Re-deploy the agents so that they receive the updated version

draco755
Level 3

Sorry for my question but how ?

VJware
Level 6

Push install them from the BE media server as you would do usually....

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128757

draco755
Level 3

Thank you. I will try and I coming back to you tomorrow.

Regard

draco755
Level 3

Hi, it still doesn't work after update of beremote.exe. The program crash all time (beremote) and my backup with him...... 

draco755
Level 3

Je n'arrive à rien avec ce logiciel. J'ai 20To à sauvegarder et je ne peux pas à cause du beremote.exe qui se déconnecte à chaque fois que backup exec lance une archive sur le serveur. Y a-t-il possibilité de lancer une sauvegarde sans que remote agent soit installer ? Car c'est vraiment pénible d'être bloque à cause d'un logiciel tiers non stable.

draco755
Level 3

How to backup without remote agent ?

draco755
Level 3

I saw on google that many people had this problem. Nobody has solutions ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You're probably be able to back up a server's shares using a UNC path, but because you're doing this you'd need a RAWS agent to be compliant as it is for licensing purposes.

You never mentioned anything about an antivirus on the server that's faulting the BE service...do you have 1?

Otherwise open up the services.msc window and set the service for the RAWS agent to restart. Also check the publishing tab on the server and make sure it is publishing correctly to your media server, either via name or IP address...