cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice - migration OS(w2k3/w2k8) where BE 2010 R3 is installed

rywek
Level 2

Hello,

I've got installed  BE 2010 R3 on windows 2003 and i want to reinstall OS to w2k8 (32bit) without loosing configuration database, licences, backups! etc. Is there some kind of procedure, instruction or a knowledge base where i can find how to do it?
As rollback i'll be using HDD unplugged from raid10.

Best regards,

rywek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are just doing an in-place upgrade of your OS then there is nothing that needs to be done for BE. If you are doing a fresh install of your OS, then you need to 1. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directory under the BE installation directory. 2. Install your new OS and BE 3. stop all the BE services 4. Replace the Data and Catalog directory with the saved copies 5. Restart all the BE services

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are just doing an in-place upgrade of your OS then there is nothing that needs to be done for BE. If you are doing a fresh install of your OS, then you need to 1. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directory under the BE installation directory. 2. Install your new OS and BE 3. stop all the BE services 4. Replace the Data and Catalog directory with the saved copies 5. Restart all the BE services

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

check this topic:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-and-restore-backup-exec-2010-r2-config-and-db