cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bking up exchange 2k logs

Jacky_s
Level 2
 Can someone show me a step by step of how to use ntbackup
or veritas 9.0 to remove the log files in exchange 2000.  I've been doing an online backup with an incremental option.  So what do I do to regain space on my hard drive.  Thank you very much.

Jacky
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 IS means Information Store.
When you do a full backup of exhange 2000 information store it will flush the logs.
Also have you got circular logging turned on or off?  Go into properties of the storage group, it will tell you there.
If you have circualr logging, there will be no logs to flush as it will continually overwrite the 2 logs there.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marksw
Level 5
 Do a full backup of the IS and it will then flush the logs once it has completed successfully.

Mark

Jacky_s
Level 2
 what is IS mean? and will that solve my problem?

Marksw
Level 5
 IS means Information Store.
When you do a full backup of exhange 2000 information store it will flush the logs.
Also have you got circular logging turned on or off?  Go into properties of the storage group, it will tell you there.
If you have circualr logging, there will be no logs to flush as it will continually overwrite the 2 logs there.

Mark

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...to backup the Information Store, you need the agent. Don't forget to load that, and don't use AOFO or you might find that your logs don't clear.