Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing contents of mailboxes

Fredrik_M
Level 3
Hi guys,

The scenario:

Server A running Veritas 9.0, Exchange 5.5, DLT tape device.
Server B-file server, running Exchange 5.5, no tape device.

I can backup all files and mailboxes from server B to server A, but if I try to expand users' mailboxes, then nothing appears (Common Views, Deferred Actions, Top of Information Store, etc, should appear)...  This does not happen when I try to expand users' mailboxes on server A (Common Views, Deferred Actions, Top of Information Store, etc, do appear)

Any idea?

Fredrik
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Fredrik,

Backup Exec will use the one titled administrator.

What you may have to do is create a new account and mailbox On server B with proper access to exchange.
Maybe create one called Veritas.
Then create a new logon account in Backup Exec, Network, Logon Accounts, for Veritas, make it common logon.
Then go to the backup selections of Server B, and make sure you choose veritas as the logon account for this - wondering whether this will work.

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
Hi Fredrik,

I think I have seen something similar to this before.

It's because the Display Name of the mailbox used to backup the mailboxes is different to the backup Exec server account name.

So for eg. if the service account is called veritas - make sure the display name of the mailbox is the same as well.

Harry

Fredrik_M
Level 3
 The account name is DOMAIN\Administrator, and the Display Name of the mailbox is Administrator... but let me ask you something: How do I know which is the mailbox used to backup the mailboxes?? I'm not sure it is the Administrator mailbox...

THarry
Level 5
 Fredrik,

Backup Exec will use the one titled administrator.

What you may have to do is create a new account and mailbox On server B with proper access to exchange.
Maybe create one called Veritas.
Then create a new logon account in Backup Exec, Network, Logon Accounts, for Veritas, make it common logon.
Then go to the backup selections of Server B, and make sure you choose veritas as the logon account for this - wondering whether this will work.

Harry