cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing with RANT in DMZ

Future5
Level 4
I have just rolled out 10d with RANT and AOFO accross my internal network and DMZ, backing upto an Ultrium LTO tape drive on the internal network.

At first I was unable to add the DMZ machines to the backup job as they are not part of the domain, but eventually managed to add them by IP but only after adding MS File and Print sharing to the DMZ servers and allowing the following ports through the firewall to the Veritas server:

10000 for Veritas
1040 to 1065 (25 ports) for RANT
135-139 TCP and UDP for MS File Sharing
445 TCP and UDP for MS File Sharing

I can't help but think that this is too many ports though.

What do others think? Have I a) opened too many ports, and b) should I need File/Print sharing to add selections?

Firewall is obviously only allowing these ports open between the backup server and the servers being backed up, but non-the-less it make sense to only open the smallest amount of ports required to do the task.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can keep 25 ports for RANT and 50 other for the media server.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Malcolm_Ison
Level 3
do you mean Port 25, and Port 50

or just 50 random ports open?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

It means you can keep 25 ports open....for example 10025 to 10050 for RANT and 50 ports open ....for example 10051 to 10101 for media server.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.