cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Byte count, start/stop time of individual resources in job history

ryanr1
Level 2

I am missing the stop time, and the byte count, when viewing the individual drives/resources of a server in the job log.
 I am not sure where to include them?  Is it under Job logs, in settings?   one of the summary options?  I dont need to know every file that was backed up, but I do want to know the total amount of space each drive. took out of the total byte count of the job.

This is a single server, managed, VTL, and tape library directly attached.

5 REPLIES 5

RobinMau
Level 3

I'm running BE 15 with the default option of Backup Exec settings, Job Logs, Summary information only.

I get the stats for each drive in the Job Log.

Do you have the default checked for "Process logical volumes for backup one at a time"? It's under Advanced Open File settings.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you fully expanding the job log? As to see that for each set in the job you would need to expand the job log fully.

ryanr1
Level 2

Yes. That setting is checked, under Advanced File Open.  Yes. I am expanding the job log (Job History Tab) fully. I just checked an instance of 2010 R3 that I have, and the job history tab is full of info (start time, stop time, byte count, for each resource) that I have never had to make any special changes to be able to see.

FYI, I have been using backup exec since versions 8 or 9, back when Veritas originaly owned it.  I have not done alot of installs post version 2012, when Symantec ruined it. 

RobinMau
Level 3

Are you using CASO? If the job is created on the MMS and you're viewing it on the CASO, you may not get full details.

Did you want to attach your job log file to the forum post here?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

are you looking at the job history or the job logs - so the other tab and then expanding?