Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C:\TEMP folder for Exchange temporary logs

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello Guys,

Another thing has caught my attention.

The C:\TEMP folder for Exchange temporary logs has also been redirected to the partition where the Symantec BEWS 2010 R3 is installed. What is the implication of creating the Exchange temporary logs? Does it grow and remain there until a restore or does it get purged after sometime.

There has been an issue of some people's Exchange C:\ drive just growing and no one can tell if Microsoft updates are taking up space or other applications like this temporary logs.

What answer can i give?

Thanx again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi nene,

Nope, you have it all wrong. C:\temp is the default location for staging GRT restores of Exchange to disk after they were backed up to tape. It doesn't matter where BE is installed too, that location will always be picked.

It is never used unless you do a GRT restore from Exchange, in which case you have to make sure that the space available on the C:\ drive is equal or larger than the size of your Information Store.

otherwise you can just as well change it to a drive of your choice with enough disk space free by going to Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange and changing it there.

thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi nene,

Nope, you have it all wrong. C:\temp is the default location for staging GRT restores of Exchange to disk after they were backed up to tape. It doesn't matter where BE is installed too, that location will always be picked.

It is never used unless you do a GRT restore from Exchange, in which case you have to make sure that the space available on the C:\ drive is equal or larger than the size of your Information Store.

otherwise you can just as well change it to a drive of your choice with enough disk space free by going to Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange and changing it there.

thanks!

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Craig,

But I am not backing up Exchange to Tape. Just users files and folders.

The Exchange is being backed up to Disk on another parttition temporarily till another Disk is provided.

I will ask my next question in a new thread.

Thank you for your responses.