Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAS Losing Connectivity = Failed Jobs

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
Hiya,

Ok here's my problem i currently have. I have 1 CAS in our main data center and around 40 remote sites set up as managed media servers. Generally this is all fine. However here is the problem. When say we have a major power down testing in our main data center or the CAS server dies for any unknown reason or the network connectivity goes, it means backups fail at all of these 40 remote sites due to jobs not being able to run.

What i want to know is any of these solutions possible:

1 - Can i set anywhere that if an MMS can't contact the CAS server, then it runs its job regardless?
2 - Is there a guide somewhere for making a redundant CAS server that if the MMS can't contact CAS 1 then it contacts CAS 2 (the redundant one) and runs the jobs from there?
3 - If i get rid of the CAS alltogether and go for all standalone servers then is there a way to centrally administer the servers in other ways (i tried to use execview but it seemed a bit limiting and doesn't really do what we want it to)? E.g we run centrally run inventories on all remote servers on a daily basis to check people have inserted the correct tapes and i can't find any other way (with exception of logging onto all servers) of doing this without a CAS.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Nick
0 REPLIES 0