cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASO and SSO

Pranav1981
Level 3

Hello Team,

we have five diffrent remote sites, each site is having Database,email & file server. each site is having tape library which is connected with these three servers via FC SAN switches, I have zoned it with three servers and servers are able to detect the robotics and drives in the operating system. I would like to do the SAN based backup at local site. local backup administator should manage the backup operations locally for all three server from one of the backup exec server at local site. Aso i would like to monitor all backup status at central site which is sixth site. hence i should configure SSO at local site so that i can share tapelirary with media server and backup job managment become easy from primary BE server. and CASO at central site so that i can monitor backup status for all five sites. in this case can configure SSO and CASO at central site? i am told that now in BE16 SSO and CASO is the same so in that case should i mange mutiple caso server in central caso server? please help to clarify

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the admin guide in appendix K (p1131) is a complete section about CASO. Everything is explained

View solution in original post

Hi Pranav, yes, if you do what I mentioned above you will get what you are looking for :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dgatehouse
Level 3

Hey Pranav, you heard correctly that CASO now includes SSO. Basically, you would want 1 Central Admin Server (CAS), and the rest you would install as a Managed Media Server (MMS).

The local admins can manage and create the jobs on their respective MMS'. Just make sure that the option to monitor jobs created locally on the MMS is set to Yes. You can check this from the storage tab on the CAS by right clicking each MMS, and then selecting settings. This is Disabled by default. Otherwise, you'll only be able to see jobs created from the CAS. The CAS can submit jobs to any MMS/Device.

You can now monitor all jobs, and if need be create or modify them remotely as well. 

I hope this helps!

Hi Dgatehouse,

thanks for your reply, in this case i will have to manage the mediaservers as standalone at local site which will be little complex in terms of management for local backup administrator to manage independent MMS. what I was thinking to deploy caso on one of the media server so that local administrator manage the show locally also backup will happen over SAN. Now i need backup status of all sites at central site for monitoring perspective. please advise if there is any workable solution. 

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the admin guide in appendix K (p1131) is a complete section about CASO. Everything is explained

Hi Pranav, yes, if you do what I mentioned above you will get what you are looking for :)