cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASO using a storage pool from multiple servers

pizzim13
Level 2

Let me explain my setup so it will be easier to understand the question. I have one CASO server that manages two Backup Exec servers, all running BE 2014 with the latest patches. Each BE server have separate tape libraries connected to them. In CASO I have one BE server pool with both BE servers in it and a separate storage pool with all their tape libraries. I have one backup job configured to use my server and storage pool.

Here's the problem. This one backup job is larger than the total amount free space available on anyone server but not larger than the total amount free space available to the storage pool. When I run the job it will fill up the storage available on one server and then wait for new tapes. What I want to happen is that job would continue on, using the storage available on the other server.

Is CASO with managed servers meant to run a job against multiple server targets? And if so, what would I change in my job configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, this is not possible.

The job can continue (span) to the next tape only at the same tape library where it started and will not switch over to another storage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, this is not possible.

The job can continue (span) to the next tape only at the same tape library where it started and will not switch over to another storage.