cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS error 1027 on system State backup

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
Getting an error when including System State and/or Shadow Copy in CPS.
The error says that the remote computer needs to be restarted before the system state can be backed up..
I have tryed to restard it, but the same error occurs??? The CPS server is up to date with all hotfixes, and the remote as well. The CPS server is a Win 2003 R2 SP2, and the remote is a Windows 2003 SP2.

I only revice this error on one remote server.
5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
This is the exact error:

The pair on source computer 'DMD2006', destination computer 'MLCDP' for job 'DMD2006-System State' canceled due to an error. : Another program requires the computer 'DMD2006' to be restarted in order to complete the installation of new software, updates, service packs or a previous System State restore. You must restart the computer before you can backup or restore the System State.

Steve_Samoransk
Level 4
Mike... Sorry to change subject on ya but i have a question. You are obviously using CPS. have you verified that CPS is only copying BIT level data across from your protected server to the protection server?

we are having the issue where when a file changes it copies double the file size in data to the Protection server.
So for a 2 MB file there is 4 MB worth of data copied. DO you have this issue?

I have a ticket open with the techs and they are clueless thanks.

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
No I have only problems with backing upp system state and shadow copy components.

kevnich2
Not applicable
Are there any updates to this?  I'm having this exact same error?  Plus, We don't/can't always restart our servers as soon as an update is installed on it, sometimes it takes a few days and not having data backed up is simply not an option.

RMT_Support
Not applicable
Has there been any movement on this please.  Haveing a great deal of difficulty - Running BE 12.5

Regards

Paul