cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling method 'SetServerTrust'

vineetkumar83
Level 2
Certified

Please give me the solution. Please help me.

Calling method 'SetServerTrust'
BEMSDK Method 'MediaServerAdvertisementUpdate'
BEMSDK Failure Code:- 536831088:X8

i have tried lots of thing,

added the host entry, lot of time install and remove the remote agent, restart the client server, rejoin with domain, available only latest remote agent on client

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vineetkumar83
Level 2
Certified
Solution Steps to re-enable trust relationships with remote agents: 1. Stop Backup Exec services on the media server. 2. Move the certificates files from the Backup Exec DATA folder to a "SAVED" folder. These files have a *.CRT and *.KEY file extension. 3. Restart the Backup Exec services. 4. Right click the mouse on the server icons in the Backup Exec console and select "Establish Trust" This action will re-create the security certificates on the media server in the DATA folder between the media server and remote agent. Backup jobs should now be able to be submitted. Note: If the "trusts" are successfully established, then the "SAVED" folder and contents can be deleted from the server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

vineetkumar83
Level 2
Certified
Solution Steps to re-enable trust relationships with remote agents: 1. Stop Backup Exec services on the media server. 2. Move the certificates files from the Backup Exec DATA folder to a "SAVED" folder. These files have a *.CRT and *.KEY file extension. 3. Restart the Backup Exec services. 4. Right click the mouse on the server icons in the Backup Exec console and select "Establish Trust" This action will re-create the security certificates on the media server in the DATA folder between the media server and remote agent. Backup jobs should now be able to be submitted. Note: If the "trusts" are successfully established, then the "SAVED" folder and contents can be deleted from the server

dmoy
Level 3

Doesn't clearing out the CRT and KEY files from the media server reset trusts with all agents associated with jobs created on the media server? What if you are having an issue creating a trust with just a single (new) server?

Doesnt Work. A machine Linux Red Hat keep showing the same error and i cant estabilish trust with it. I transfer the .crt and .key of the DATA folder to SAVED folder. restart the services. And the linux server keeps poping this messagem when i try to estabilish trust with it.