cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BE 2010 R3 console connect to BE 2010 (non-R3)?

dfosbenner
Level 4

I'm running BE 2010 (v13 Rev 2896).  I was wondering if I can use BE 2010 R3 console to connect to and manage BE 2010 (non-R3)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think so, I just did a test with BE2010R3 console connecting to BE12.5 and that works, so I assume that connecting to BE2010 or BE2010R2 also works fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think so, I just did a test with BE2010R3 console connecting to BE12.5 and that works, so I assume that connecting to BE2010 or BE2010R2 also works fine.

dfosbenner
Level 4

Thanks!

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

I would suspect that if you were to ask Symantec, their official line might be that they must all be the same version.

Don't forget to mark ZeRoCOOL's answer as a solution if it solved your problem ;)

dfosbenner
Level 4

I installed R3 and it's working with my BE 2010 non-R3 servers OK.  However, when I first connect to the media servers, I get this error:

"The NDMP provider configuration contained errors. Some or all of the providers may not display. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

It appears to be cosmetic at this point.  Found another thread about it, going back to last fall with no answers from Symantec.