cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Backup Exec 2012 use 2014 license?

Goodben
Level 3

Hi all,

As the topic, our client accidently purchased Backup Exec 2014 License and their current Backup Exec version is 2012, is that capable?

And if they need to get the 2012 license, do they have to purchase it again or they can use the 2014 license to exchange or what?

Best Regards

Ben

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I would recommend you to upgrade to BE2014 as lot of usability issues of 2012 are fixed in BE2014. 

But if you still need to be on BE2012 than your best bet would be to contact Symantec Licensing Team

to check if the licenses can be downgraded.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42310

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if the BE 2014 license file works with BE 2012, it's definitely going to work with BE 2014.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB

I would recommend you to upgrade to BE2014 as lot of usability issues of 2012 are fixed in BE2014. 

But if you still need to be on BE2012 than your best bet would be to contact Symantec Licensing Team

to check if the licenses can be downgraded.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42310

Goodben
Level 3
Thanks AmolB

Goodben
Level 3

Hi AmolB,

But at a moment if I enter 2014 license to BE2012, would it work?

CraigV

It should, yes. If not, it's simpoly a case of contacting your reseller or Symantec licensing to get hold of a new license file.

Thanks!

Goodben
Level 3
Thanks CraigV, For example, I entered BE2014 license to BE2012 and after weeks I upgrade BE2012 to BE2014, would the license work as usual?

CraigV

...if the BE 2014 license file works with BE 2012, it's definitely going to work with BE 2014.

Thanks!

AmolB

In my test environement I was able to import BE2014 SLF within BE2012 installation.

Goodben
Level 3
Thanks AmolB and CraigV