cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I deploy the agent for windows while running backups?

Ted4356
Level 3

Hi,

I am at work over the weekend and I want to install the agent for windows on a new server.  Is it possible to do this while simultaneously running backups?  I am currently running two backups, one to disk and one to tape.  Will it slow down or affect the backups at all if I do this at the same time?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Running a RAWS agent installation isn't very taxing on your network. So run it during a backup...unless it's a simultaneous push to 1000s of servers at the same time, it's not going to make much of an impact.

You won't be able to reconfigure any running jobs though until they complete after these servers are added to the media server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Running a RAWS agent installation isn't very taxing on your network. So run it during a backup...unless it's a simultaneous push to 1000s of servers at the same time, it's not going to make much of an impact.

You won't be able to reconfigure any running jobs though until they complete after these servers are added to the media server.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Do not push out the RAWS to the servers that you are backing up from.  It will affect the backups.

Ted4356
Level 3

Cool, thanks guys!  I ended up not installing it for other reasons, but I probably will next weekend.

Ted