cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do multi-leg CPS? Same data, A to B, then B to C

pat_heising
Level 2
I would like to use CPS to replicate from an application server to my local NAS, and then have another CPS job to replicate the same data from my local NAS across the WAN to a disaster recovery center NAS. Is this possible? Can I have one NAS where specific data is both the target and source of CPS jobs?

I have searched your docs/faqs, etc and haven't found any mention of this type of configuration.

Thanks,
Pat
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Yes, you can have the same server acting as a business server for one job and the same server can act as a target server for another job.

Kindly refer to the following document:

Symantec Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (tm) 10d Administrator's Guide (English)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279483

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

pat_heising
Level 2
I have already scoured the admin guide. Maybe I'm being blind, but I see no mention of this scenario. Can you tell me exactly where/give me a page number of where it is discussed? I want to verify that there is no issue with replicating the SAME data from A to B and then B to C, not just that the same server can be both a target and a source of replication.

Thanks,
Pat

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Pat,
Although it might not be explicitly mentioned in the guide, please rest assured that there are no issues replicating the same set of data across two different replication pairs.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

pat_heising
Level 2
Ok. Thank you very much for the information and confirming that I am not blind.