cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I overwrite B2D jobs?

colintyrrell
Level 2
Hi,
due ti my set up, I need to backup my Exchange jobs to a disk, and then back up that folder to tape.

But each night when I do the Exchange backup-to-disk, new files are created..therefore increasing the amount of data to be backed up.

I know that this can be solved; but how?

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

It's Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows SBS 2008.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Set Overwrite protection period in your target media set of the backup job to a value, so that it allows the files to be overwritten after some time. Also, make sure in tools-> options-> media management, you have "overwite recyclable media before scratch media..... " selected. This would ensure that overwritable files are recycled, once their overwrite protection period has expired.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Set Overwrite protection period in your target media set of the backup job to a value, so that it allows the files to be overwritten after some time. Also, make sure in tools-> options-> media management, you have "overwite recyclable media before scratch media..... " selected. This would ensure that overwritable files are recycled, once their overwrite protection period has expired.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

colintyrrell
Level 2
Thanks for the reply.
I think that may be the solution.

Unfortunately due to my more recent forum topic (Disastrous Updates) I cannot even connect to the software!