cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I try Backup Exce 2012 trail version check LAN Free Backup backup ??

support59
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Can I try Backup Exce 2012 trail version check LAN Free Backup backup frature  ?? Because we are Symantec Partnet  For custmer POC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it's done through SAN SSO which is part of Enterprise Server Option...which I believe isn't available for trial.

Maybe contact the licensing department and see if they can assist with a temporary key.

SAN SSO will allow you to connect several SAN-attached servers to a SAN-attached library. Key here is that you need a full installation of BE on the servers you want to access the tape library; the SAN SSO license (ESO) installed on the media server; and obviously the servers you want to backup across the SAN must be attached to it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure what you mean by LAN free backup. This can be done in 3 ways

1. The SAN transport method in VMware Agent backups (Yes can be tried)

2. Off Host backups - Comes as Advanced Disk based option in Entriprise Server Option (not available for trial).

3. NDMP backups (can be tried)

Here are details about what options can be enabled in trial.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179956

Edit: If the option is not availble for trial, you could try and contact your Symantec contact as a partner and request for a trial.

support59
Level 3
Partner Accredited

we have 2 sql server 2005 with cluster setup 

1 Tape library

1 IBM Storage

all are connected to SAN Switch

We have to Backup  sql data (clustred Server) direct to tape with out useing network

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Unfortunately, this is not supported using Backup Exec. The backup will use the network and will happen via Media Server.

VJware
Level 6

Have a look @ this KB for possible alternatives ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68820

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it's done through SAN SSO which is part of Enterprise Server Option...which I believe isn't available for trial.

Maybe contact the licensing department and see if they can assist with a temporary key.

SAN SSO will allow you to connect several SAN-attached servers to a SAN-attached library. Key here is that you need a full installation of BE on the servers you want to access the tape library; the SAN SSO license (ESO) installed on the media server; and obviously the servers you want to backup across the SAN must be attached to it.

Thanks!