cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can backup exec v-ray edition replicate vm from host 1 to host 2?

YMI_user
Level 3

Hi,

Can backup exec v-ray edition make vm replication from host 1 to host 2? or replicate vm backup to host 2? Thanks.

Regards,

YMI User

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  BE cannot replicate a VM from one host to another, but it can backup a VM from Host1 and restore it to Host2. See below

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec-Blog/Instantly-Available-Backup-Exec-15-Feature-Pack-5/ba-p/8...

Hi pkh,

Thanks for your reply. Can make VM backup and instant restore to host 2 automatically? We hope to power on VM backup with the version of last night if VM failed without instant restoration will make long time consume.

Regards,

YMI User

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No. You cannot do this, but upgrade to BE 15 FP 5 and you can do Instant Recovery which is close to what you want

Is BE 2015 v-ray SP5? I have BE 2015 license but 2014 installed.

Regards,

YMI user

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As I said earlier, you need to upgrade to BE 15 FP5 to get Instant Recovery. Since you have the BE 15 licence, it is a matter of upgrading.

Thanks. I try BE 2015 in testing environment but instantly recover a VM button is gray and  disable. What conditions can make it usable?

Regards,

Mr Yu

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you done a VM backup with BE 15 FP5?

Yes. I have done one of VM with version 15. Will some options need to select if make backup?

Regards,

YMI User

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I would suggest that you read the Admin Guide and follow the instructions on how to do Instant Recovery. It is not just doing a backup