cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not select forms in MS SharePoint 2010 while taking backup

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

I have installed BE 2010 R3 and I can now add the share point 2010 server.

I have taken the backup and successfully restored the object (an object named- "discussion thread").

I have a small query.

1. When I was selecting the farm for backup I was unable to see any particular thread or forms.

as when I went for restored I see the form and all threads, what this means.

Does this way BE 2010 takes and restore data in Share Point server?

2. Will BE2010 R2 support Share Point 2010.

3. If we go for the backup of SQL database rather SharePoint backup , will that solve the purpose for the restore of SharePoint farm and their objects. As I guess all the data were stored in the SQL database. Is there any drawbackup.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1. When I was selecting the farm for backup I was unable to see any particular thread or forms.

YES. Its by design. You are taking the backups as a whole farm but during the restore you can perform the Granular Restore of Sharepoint Documents

2. Will BE2010 R2 support Share Point 2010

Yes. BE 2010 R2 does support Sharepoint 2010 completely.

3. If we go for the backup of SQL database rather SharePoint backup , will that solve the purpose for the restore of SharePoint farm and their objects. As I guess all the data were stored in the SQL database. Is there any drawbackup.

Just backing the SQL databases is not at all enough to restore Sharepoint. So this method should not be used at all.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6

YES. Its by design. You are taking the backups as a whole farm but during the restore you can perform the Granular Restore of Sharepoint Documents

2. Will BE2010 R2 support Share Point 2010

Yes. BE 2010 R2 does support Sharepoint 2010 completely.

Just backing the SQL databases is not at all enough to restore Sharepoint. So this method should not be used at all.

Thanks,

-Sush...

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answare.

Do you have any links or docs to support you answare for the 1st query.

Thanks.

Sush---
Level 6

Here are couple of documents which has the information about the Sharepoint GRT,

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23847 : Microsoft SharePoint backup options

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23868 : Restoring individual SharePoint 2007 objects from full database backups to their original locations

Thanks,

-Sush...

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the docs and referance for the answare, with the link.

Thanks.