cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Copy Jobs, Selection lists , and policies between Media Servers, Error - 0xe0008814

Helliouse
Level 2
Does any one have this problem as well?
I know there are two other posts on this with NO resolution or comment on a fix.

Servers are the same version, and it was working a while ago. Moved a few item between servers and now we can't seem to move anything.

Restarted Services, reinstalled the Copy feature.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Walter
Level 3
Hello Helliouse

Yes, same issue at our BE Server, can´t copy Jobs, Selection Lists etc. to the other one.
Both server are the same version, same OS, same Patches etc.

Seems like BE are not interested to answer Smiley Mad

@Any Mod

Could someone please answer to this, it´s maybe important ?!?!?!

Greets
Markus

Allen_K
Level 6
Hi,

Sorry no one has been able to help you with your technical issue so far. Please note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support.

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

However, in this case, it looks like you might be better off contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also try using our Knowledge Base Search.

Hope that helps!

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5

I have a similar problem as well.  Two Servers, Same Version.

Now, I have a New Server with Windows 2008 64-Bit Server with Backup Exec v12.5 w/SP1 64-bit.

On the Old Server (BE v11 7170 SP4), I copy the selection list over to the New Server.

Works if the Selection List is Exchange 2003.  But does not work for Flat Files, SQL, or Sharepoint.  And Symantec Support was not able to answer this.  Just a BIG...question mark....on everyone's head.

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5

I've found the problem!

After SEVERAL TESTS....this is what I've found.

If the Selection List has more than 15 servers to be backed up, you cannot copy the selection list to other media server or from v11 to v12.5 Backup Exec Server.  But you can copy the selection list to the same media server (local) no problem.

If the Selection List has 15 or less Servers to be backed, you can copy the selection list to other media servers and from v11 to 12.5 Backup Exec Server.

This is obviously A BUG in Symantec's Backup Exec.

Called Tech Support regarding this issue...

Apparently, the problem is in the View Details of the Backup Selections.  If the number of lines in the Details is too much...it will timeout.

Message Edited by Kingsley Mok on 02-05-2009 04:07 PM