cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Progress Past ADK Installation for SDR Creation in BE2014

DaveyMG
Level 4

I'm creating the SDR iso for the first time on my BE2104 media server. The install wizard requires ADK to be installed. As it's a large download, I downloaded it manually from the MS website and installed OK. When I run the SDR wizard it tells me that I require the ADK to be installed, after I click on Next I get a pop up saying that a newer version of the kit is already installed. After I click on OK on the pop up I'm returned to the ADK install page of the SDR wizard telling me I need the ADK and to click next, so I end up in a loop.

How can I progress the SDR setup if I've manually installed the ADK?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am guessing the version of ADK which has been installed manually is a version not supported by BE and hence, it gives the message about a newer version being installed.

If an appropriate version of ADK is already installed, the wizard allows you to proceed next. Consider uninstalling the current version of ADK and let the wizard download the correct version of ADK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am guessing the version of ADK which has been installed manually is a version not supported by BE and hence, it gives the message about a newer version being installed.

If an appropriate version of ADK is already installed, the wizard allows you to proceed next. Consider uninstalling the current version of ADK and let the wizard download the correct version of ADK.

DaveyMG
Level 4

Yes, that worked, thanks.