cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Select topic in category properties

Thanakrit
Level 2

Hello Everybody,

i have a problem, i can't select "include the job log with e-mail notifications" in category properties. 

Pls. Help

Thankyou

Thanakrit.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I suspect that is  because the alert type you have selected (Archiving Option operation failure)  is not job related so would not have a job log to include - try looking at the sam thing on the Job Failed error

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

I suspect that is  because the alert type you have selected (Archiving Option operation failure)  is not job related so would not have a job log to include - try looking at the sam thing on the Job Failed error

Hi Colin_Weaver

Thank you for Answer. But i choose up and down, i can select choice. and i not understand how to choose. i attachments compare Backup Exec 2012 in windows 2003R2 and windows 2008R2.

** Check Mark = Required
** X = Can't Select

Thank You

Colin_Weaver

Can you please tell me where that table was sourced from and which version of Backup Exec is was created for (the fact that it mentions 2003R2 makes me think it was an old version). Also because you are looking at the Archiving Option that also shows an older version as the option has been discontinued. As has Backup Exec Retrieve (Which is shown in your list also.)

As such you are almost certainly using a version that is no longer supported by us and it may be that either the document you got the table from was incorrect (and never spotted) or the BE version itself had a defect around this area (but as the Archive Option was rarely used also never spotted) - either way, we  will not be address the issue in such an old version of Backup Exec.

If you enable a job failed alert it will alert on any job that fails which would include jobs for the Achiving Option and I still fail to see how a critcial alert against the Archive Option itself would ever have a job log.

Also please be aware that we have discontined thet Archiving Option a

Hi Colin_Weaver

The Table am create compare, i have 2 server(old server : 2003R2 and new server : 2008R2)

now i can select choice but I do not know why it's a choice.

Thankyou