cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access windows systems(share folders)

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

We are using BE 11d, i can't access the windows systems share folders, if i select the folder for backup it's through some error(screen shot attached).

The error given some way to enable this oprtion but the particular option is not available in BE. (this screen shot also attached).

- vicky...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Q

Network and Security option is not available, already i posted the screen shot, pls find it...

Ans

If this is option is unavialable ,please do a repair as there might be some corruption here, I presume you are on BE 11d 7170 with sp5 ,after doing repair please check if you can go to tool-options-network security to enable the option for user shares

Also you can enable the user shares from registry too

Please go to

HKLM-SOFTWARE-SYMANTEC-BACKUPEXEC FOR WINDOWS-BACKUPEXEC-USER INTERFACE

on right hand side look for key enable user share & change the value from 0 to 1.

Restart the services & you will be able to select the shares now

Hope that helps

Thanks

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vigneshwaran
Level 6

i forgot to attach the screen shots. pls find the same in below.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...check the TN below with #1 being the setting change you should make:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68234

Thanks!

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Network and Security option is not available, already i posted the screen shot, pls find it...

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Q

Ans

If this is option is unavialable ,please do a repair as there might be some corruption here, I presume you are on BE 11d 7170 with sp5 ,after doing repair please check if you can go to tool-options-network security to enable the option for user shares

Also you can enable the user shares from registry too

Please go to

HKLM-SOFTWARE-SYMANTEC-BACKUPEXEC FOR WINDOWS-BACKUPEXEC-USER INTERFACE

on right hand side look for key enable user share & change the value from 0 to 1.

Restart the services & you will be able to select the shares now

Hope that helps

Thanks

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Thanks FYI. We are facing some issue with RAWS agent, we need to puchase a license for that server, then only we start the backup data's from that server. any way thanks for your support.

- vicky