cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't browse directory tree on RALUS client

mari
Level 4

I have the RALUS agent for version 12.5 installed on a Solaris 10 client, but when I go to back it up from my Backup Exec server I can't browse the directory - I can only see [ROOT]. It works fine on other clients that are running Solaris, Ubuntu, and Red Hat. Thinking it was a permission issue, I rechecked and everything looks correct.

I also rechecked the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files and they are correct. I also compared the configuration of the problematic machine to the working ones and they are the same.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Dennis 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mari
Level 4

Figured it out. The entry for the user account I created to connect to the Unix client somehow got corrupted in the /etc/passwd file. I removed the entry from /etc/passwd, /shadow, and /group, rebooted the server and re-created the entry. Works fine now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kjh
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hi @mari - I know I've had this issue before, but I can't specifically remember the solution (serves me right for not taking notes!).

You may want to check that the firewall on the client has the correct holes punched in to allow connections from the BEx server. Try running a packet sniffer from the server (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.) and seeing what gets kicked back.

Also try resetting the connection credentials from within BEx (Network-> Logon Accounts). I know I've had it happen that the BEx server screwed up stored credentials some how, and I had to re-enter them.

Hope this helps!

mari
Level 4

Figured it out. The entry for the user account I created to connect to the Unix client somehow got corrupted in the /etc/passwd file. I removed the entry from /etc/passwd, /shadow, and /group, rebooted the server and re-created the entry. Works fine now.