cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create ISO with Disaster recovery wizard!

Larsson
Level 3
Hello! My name is Christian and i live in Sweden.

On my company, we have Backup exec 11D up and running. Now i want to create an Disaster recovery ISO to burn on a CD. I'm starting the guide via Tools>Wizards . I follow the guide and it works neatly until i reach the "Select path to Windows operating system installation files"

It seems that it's searching for a file named txtsetup.sif . And the only path it seems to accept is:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles

But when clicking next, it says "Operating system language 0000041D not supported by this intelligent disaster preparation wizard"

The system language is Swedish. Is English the only language accepted? Can't be right, can it?

What am i doing wrong? Grateful for help!

Message Edited by Larsson on 09-03-2007 01:07 AM
2 REPLIES 2

DanielPersson
Not applicable
I have the same problem.
Any solutions in sight?

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
Hi Larson and Daniel,

I got this info from the support team:

The IDR boot media preparation wizard expects the operating system installation CD ( physical CD media or .iso format of the OS installation CD ). Sometimes administrators extract the complete OS CD files to a temporary directory. By saying "Select path to Windows operating system installation files" the wizard means the temporary location where the OS files are copied from the installation CD and not the opearting system installed on the system.

Hope that helps!

@Larsson wrote:
Hello! My name is Christian and i live in Sweden.

On my company, we have Backup exec 11D up and running. Now i want to create an Disaster recovery ISO to burn on a CD. I'm starting the guide via Tools>Wizards . I follow the guide and it works neatly until i reach the "Select path to Windows operating system installation files"

It seems that it's searching for a file named txtsetup.sif . And the only path it seems to accept is:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles

But when clicking next, it says "Operating system language 0000041D not supported by this intelligent disaster preparation wizard"

The system language is Swedish. Is English the only language accepted? Can't be right, can it?

What am i doing wrong? Grateful for help!

Message Edited by Larsson on 09-03-2007 01:07 AM