cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete an offline server from CASO setup.

AlexV
Level 3

Greetings!

I have a CASO installation of 2 BE servers recently upgraded from version 14 to 16. No problem on this side, everything went well with the upgrade process.

The current CASO setup include server02 and server03. A couple of years ago, the first server of BE from that CASO installation died and was replaced with a brand new server. i.e server01 died and server03 was added in his place.

Today, server01 is still listed as being a member of that CASO setup even tough it's always offline. I want to delete this server but I can't because the dedup storage of server02 is being shared with server01.

When I want to delete the share of the dedup storage of server02 to server01, I can't because server01 is offline.

So I'm stuck with the chicken or the egg first. Any suggestion on how to proceed with this?

Thx for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As this could involve a database edit this will probably need a formal support case so I hope you have a valid support agreement so that you can log a case.

For sure, we will go that route if that is the case.. I just can't believe that this operation could be so complicated...