cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete job

Level 3
I have a schedule inventory drive that's listed under Current Jobs. It's schedule for a date in the past so it will never run again and I can't delete it. When I righ-click to delete, it asks me if I want to, I say 'yes' then nothing happens. I've restarted the services and the server.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Try telling it to run now, then cancelling it. That should then change the due date to the next relevant date in the future, which should then either directly solve your problem, or hopefully make it possible to delete the job.

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Rirght click the device where this backup job is targeted and disable it and then re-cycle BE services. I hope it helps. Incase it does not follow these steps:

Run the database repair.
Repair backupexec database
How to run a database repair in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers when the original database is found to be inconsistent
URL: http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

This should help.

Level 3
Ugh! Well I tried all of your advice.

The job that's stuck and cannot be deleted is an Inventory job. I could not tell it to Run Now because it was grayed-out. The only options I had were Delete, and Properties.

So then I ran the Repair utility and I thought that would work because then I could right-click the job and tell it to Run Now. It asked me for confirmation, then nothing happened.

So then I go to the Jobs screen and tried to delete it, it asked me for confirmation, then nothing happened.

I can't disable the drive it's assigned to because the drive is Unknown.

When I go to the job's properties, all I have is General and Notify. Schedule is not available like it is on a typical Inventory job.

Tim_Taler
Level 3
Hi,

I have exact the same problem and tried all the steps you did without solution (despite BEUTILITY, it does not seem to exist in 7.0). Because I'm using BE 7.0 I posted in forum 8.x and prior, but there is no answer.

These jobs CAN be deleted in my environment: when I right click and delete them there is at first no reaction. But when I stop and restart the BE services afterwards, then right click and delete again, THEN they disappeare. But after rebooting the server they're back again!?

I would appreciate any solution to this. Thanx.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
You can replace the existing database of Backup Exec with an empty database. This should get you rid of that job, however you will also use all media sets, users, and existing jobs in Backup Exec. This technote explains the steps to replace the Backup Exec database with an empty one:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.