cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get VIM Notification working

Karl_Vallis
Level 3

Hi

I've having this problem with a install of Backup Exec 12.5. I'm attempting to use Lotus Notes (VIM) for notifications, as the bserver crashes when using SMTP. Everytime I click OK after configuring VIM I receive an error message stating "The VIM configuration settings are invalid, or the server cannot be found. Confirm that the settings are correct and the server is online". I've tried reinstalling the  Notes client and using different versions, but nothing seems to work.

2 REPLIES 2

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Karl,

which OS is BE installed on?

Also I would check, that your account has enough permissions and that he is in the local admin group. (not through group membership)

regarding reinstalling the notes client: Did you uninstall it and then reinstall it without a restart? Also the used account for the installation could be a cause. Please check that, too.

best regards

Dominik

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Can't believe I forgot to mention the OS. It's Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 SP2. The account I'm using has local admin access.

As for the reinstall. I uninstalled and cleared out the old notes install, then reinstalled and rebooted. I'll schedule a time where I can uninstall, reboot and reinstall.