cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Dell LTO4 120hh tape drive in backupexec2010

hong
Level 2

I am using windows 2008 , backupexec 2010 with Dell Powervault LTO-4 120HH

when i try to install the tape drive in backupexec, i've got the following error

Removing the IDR CD-ROM burner driver (drvmcdb.sys) association for tape drives.
Updating Symantec inf file
Installing Symantec "halfinch.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH4_____A9Q2"
Driver load failure 0x800F020B for SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH4_____A9Q2
The device instance does not exist in the hardware tree.

I've try reinstall backupexec,but still can't solve it.

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Its a common error , what drivers you see for the tape device in the windows device manager.

The drivers should get installed despite of the error message.

hong
Level 2

It's strange that i can't see the tape device in windows device manager but backupexec can detect the tape drive, is it my window's problem?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The basic and foremost requirement for Backup Exec to work with any Robotic Library is that it should be seen correctly in the Windows Device Manager. If the Device is not seen properly in the device manager then it will not work properly with Backup Exec (even when it shows in BE which is actually the information from the database)

So try to perform a Scan for Hardware changes in the Device manager. If its not seen even after that then perform a PowerCyle in the following order:

-Shut down the server

-Shut down the Robotic Library

-Turn ON the Robotic Library first

Wait till it completely intializes... should takle around 3 to 4 minutes

-Then trun ON the server

Now check if the Robotic Library is detected properly in Device manager. If not then re-confirm the connection are proper or not .... you may consider to contact hardware vendor support at this time.

Thanks,

-Sush...