cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install agent after SP4

soulseeker
Level 4

Hi there,

I installed sp4 on my media server and startet updating the agents. 2/3 worked, but 1/3 didn't (some Win2008, some Win2003)... The first server I tried to troubleshoot also fails to update manually - the wizard simply does nothing. I uninstalled the old agent and tried again to install the agent out of the raws64-folder, but it keeps hanging in the progress tab with estimated install time - 3 min. Rebooting the server and renaming the old folder didn't work either. 

This particular server is an Windows2008 R2 with SP1. The eventlog doesn't give me any hints.

How can I get the agent-service back to life again? 

Cheer

Marcel

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

try a manual installation of the agent:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179142

Thanks!

soulseeker
Level 4

Hi,

I already tried that ... 

The agent also hangs when starting a repair installation. The Backup exec Agent-item is now gone out of "add remove programs" but the services are still running. I stopped the services, tried to install again - same issue.

I tried another server that also failed installing from the media server - same issue - 3 minutes install time but nothing happens.

soulseeker
Level 4

I opened a ticket and got the recommendation, to do a complete manual uninstallation (with deleting registry keys and so on) but I still can't install an agent ... setup still hangs forever.