cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Can't recover (SDR) Backup Exec 2012 media server to itself

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I need to move my server (OS with Backup Exec) to the local hard drive. Now it boot from lun in SAN storage.

But when I boot from SDR Recovery disk I see only old backup set's. (only 7-01-2013 and earlier)

Also I noticed that it connected with trial licence exparation for Application and Databases (it was installed but not licensed, other licenses we have) - Local SQL instance of BEDB stoped to backup exactly 7-01-2013.

On other case, I have a folder in my Disk Storege for backups with folder named SDR (D:\SDR) with DR file last changed 8-01-2013 (on 0-15 o'clock - just when 7-01-2013 backup is finished).

So what is the problem?

My full backup's are good with SDR file that updated in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\sdr\Data and a try to select it during SDR.

Only warning of backups is - Failed to load the configuration xml file. C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\MediaServerName\CatalogProcessTemporaryFolder\{D1FB4EB5-09DA-461F-9EA5-8FC66B374E5D}\p2v.xml

(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH184002), but it is a known issue and connected with a SAN Storage attached.

0 REPLIES 0