Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restore from Backup-to-disk folder

rob-s-smith
Level 2

Hi

I am having a real problem restoring some files from a backup to disk folder

I need to recover some files backed up to a removable RDX drive six weeks ago.

The files were backed up using Backup Exec 12.5 but we have since upgraded to Backup Exec 15

What I have done so far is

1 Put RDX cartridge in drive

2 Under Storage I ran an Inventory and Catalog Now

This took ages to run but I saw the files I want to restore get catalogued when I was watching the job using Job Monitor

3 Once complete I went to Storage, clicked on Backup-to-disk folder and I can see backup Sets made using Snapshot Full method

4 If I click on Backup Sets I can navigate to the files I want

5 If I go to Backup-to-disk folders I click on restore. I get to What files and folders do you want to restore? All I see is a box with the drive letter which I am unable to tick - ie nothing happens. No files or folders are shown.

What do I need to do to get these files?

Thanks in advance

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is the date range correct? BE for some or other reason likes to take random dates, meaning you might not actually have the correct date automatically selected in terms of the day the backup was initially done.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

...is the date range correct? BE for some or other reason likes to take random dates, meaning you might not actually have the correct date automatically selected in terms of the day the backup was initially done.

Thanks!

rob-s-smith
Level 2

Awesome Craig - simply awesome - I'd just missed that date range thing thanks so much

Rob

CraigV

Yeah I put in an Idea to get this fixed, as I used to get it with BE 12.5...I see it's still in there =/

Glad it's sorted.

Craig