Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restore from duplicate server.

hurdit
Level 3
Partner

Hi, 

I am trying to establish a duplicate server for our primary backup server using symantec 2014. the duplication went through fine but when I take off the firewall policy between the 2 server ( they are in different subnet) and did login to the duplicate server the Backup sets was gone. I am trying to imagine that our primary backup server burn down and we need to restore from the duplicate server, is it going to work. any help appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Notes that hopefully help:

2 backup exec 2014 servers. First of the servers has the CASO license enabled. The second server is the remote server. Both server have the same version of BE2014, updated with latest hotfixes. I would like to use the second server as my Replication off-site server. When installing BE2014 on the second server I made sure that I pointed to the CASO server for central management. The second server shows up under Storage on the first server. From the First server I create the deduplication drive on the Second server that shows up on the Storage tab.

I can back up to both Seduplications drives. The Second server deduplication drive do not show up on replication jobs. AM I missing something? Reinstalling for the 3 rd time

View solution in original post

hurdit
Level 3
Partner

Needed to click "Shared"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Just to be clear, the restore sets are not showing up on the new duplicate server, correct? Did the storage get copied over as well. If so, select it and inventory and catalog the storage.

Hello,

I installed CASO license on my local server and connected from my (CASO) Management server to my Media off-site server. I can select the off-site deduplication drive for backups, but my intent was to use the Media off-site server as a replication for my local Deduplicated drive full jobs. Is there a reason why I can see my Media off-site deduplicated drive when I set up backups and does not shows up when I select an extra step and try to add a Replication Job? All I see in the replication  jobs are the local drives?

Thanks

Storage

ok-local-backups.png

replication-backups.pngstorage.png

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

did you read the section in the admin guide about optimized duplication with caso? 

Using optimized duplication with the Central Admin Server
Option p824 (see URL for admin guide)

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000017788

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

OK so for DR in a CASO setup where the MBE is remote (and the second stage of duplication between Deduplication storage), if the CAS is down/not communicating you need to

1) Understand how to make the MBE server stand alone

2) Run a catalog job against the deduplication folder (or backup set within the folder) after making the MBE server stand alone

If the CAS server is online and communicating then the console on the MBE should get catalog info from the CAS, although the exact behaviour (and possible requirement to run a local catalog job) may depend on the catalog mode you are using.

EDIT: Oh and the BE version you are using might make a difference as the info above is against BE 16 in Distributed Catalog mode and the behaviour may be different in an older version.

Yes I did,

Reinstalling BE201 on the MBE server. See if it works, after a rebuild.

Notes that hopefully help:

2 backup exec 2014 servers. First of the servers has the CASO license enabled. The second server is the remote server. Both server have the same version of BE2014, updated with latest hotfixes. I would like to use the second server as my Replication off-site server. When installing BE2014 on the second server I made sure that I pointed to the CASO server for central management. The second server shows up under Storage on the first server. From the First server I create the deduplication drive on the Second server that shows up on the Storage tab.

I can back up to both Seduplications drives. The Second server deduplication drive do not show up on replication jobs. AM I missing something? Reinstalling for the 3 rd time

hurdit
Level 3
Partner

Needed to click "Shared"