cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see Exchange 2016?

Robert_Janas
Level 2

Upgraded my BE to the latest version 15 that's available. We recently brought two new exchange 2016 servers up and I'm trying to back them up with BE. BE Agent is installed. When I go to back them up, I only see the two volumes on each server. I do not see any Exchange specific references like I do with our Exchange 2010 server.  What am I missing/why can't I back up these 2016 Exchange servers?

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE 15 supports up to Exchange 2016 CU1 so make sure you're not on a later version.

Thanks!

Robert_Janas
Level 2

Hmm. We are still at the initial build of Exchange 2016 - not CU1 - so I wonder if that's the issue?? Does BE require CU1 - or will just the inital release of Exchange 2016 do?

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

FP4 introduced support for E2k16 CU1 so it should even w/o CU1 you should still see the exchage Information store. Are the 2 exchange servers configured as DAG. If yes, refer http://www.veritas.com/docs/000075801.  Also ensure the credentials used by backup exec has rights on exchange

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

To add to Gurv's comment - we didn't used to support IP-Less DAG , however as of Backup Exec 15 FP2 we do - so if your BE 15 install is not patched to at least FP2 we won't see the DAG.

You do have to manually add the IP-Less DAG, by using the Add server button and choosing Microsoft Exchange database availability group - and then entering the details of your domain controller before contining through the wizard.

Note because of other things we have seen with Exchange 2016 I'd strongly recommend that you go to Backup Exec FP4 if you are not already on it.

AUBAY
Level 3

We have a Exchange DAG ( IP Less ) and everything went fine with BakcupExec 15 FP2

BUT since the upgrade to FP4 all restore jobs fails on Exchange 2016 DAG ( Backup Jobs are still ending fine)