cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't take backup on taps after disable tape library from DPM and connect it to backup exec 2010 R3

Salama
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I am new with backup exec and tape library

I was use backup using DPM on tape library"HP MSL 2024 Tape Library", then we decide to use BE 2010 R3

I make disable for tape library from DPM and connect it to BE server and it appear in device manager

but I can't take backup to it with the following error: Robotic library destination element full error

The robotic library has reported a destination element full error condition. This is typically caused by trying to mount media into a drive that already contains media. The drive state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ this KB article - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23177

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

This comment may not apply as you have not started the operating system running in the server you connected the tape drive to, however just in case:

Is the removable storage service running andf taking ownership of the drive? This service needs stopping and disabling if it is running and you probably will need to restart teh BE services after disabling it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You must either disable or remove DPM so that it does not grab the tape library