cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upgrade from Backup Exec 2012 to 2014

jkelahan
Level 3

Attempting to upgrade from BE 2012 to 2014 SP2.  When I try, I get this error message: "The latest Backup Exec service pack is not installed on this computer. Use LiveUpdate to install the service pack, and then run the installation again."

Ran LiveUpdate and everything is up to date.  Found this KB article, which is my exact issue - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH218181  The solution in this article is to download the hotfix, however the link to the supposed "hotfix" is actually a link to BE 2014 SP1, which does me no good - I can't install 2014 SP1 because I'm not running 2014.  And I can't upgrade to 2014 because, well, see above...  Pandora's box...

The article does mention downloading 2014 with SP1 embedded, however that is no longer an option that I see on fileconnect - only SP2 embedded, which is what I'm attempting to use in the first place.  Did the issue get fixed with SP1 and then broken again with SP2?  What's the fix?

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to log a call with Symantec. I haven't seen this particular error being logged on Connect, so it's worth the techs taking a look.

that said, have you tried to redownload the latest BE 2014 ISO and run the upgrade?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you pls post the install log ? Thanks.

jkelahan
Level 3

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office.  Attached is the install log.

VJware
Level 6

This log doesn't seem to have any errors or warnings. Would you pls run the SymHelp tool and upload or PM the results. Thanks.

jkelahan
Level 3

I sent the SymHelp results to you in a PM.  One warning item that sticks out to me is "The installed version of Backup Exec Server is not the latest," where it says my installed version is 2014, which it is not - 2012 is my installed version.

VJware
Level 6

Had a look @ your log file and it doesn't seem to match the logs as per TECH218181. Would you pls log a support case for an engineer to have a look @ your setup and assist you with the upgrade. Thanks.

jkelahan
Level 3

I'll open a support case.  Thanks for your efforts.