cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we restore only users of from GRT backup

Allen_John
Level 4

We have a GRT backup of Active Directory. Can we restore only AD users from GRT backup

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

most indidividual AD objects (includuing users) can be restored individually with GRT

Allen_John
Level 4

How ?

- if I hit on restore and select the virtual machine object. Here it shows each and every folder of Active Directory machine.

- If I hit on restore and select the esxi server object. Here it shows single VM backup object.

I want to restore a user in AD users and Computer if I deleted him earlier

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Ahh you are not just doing GRT of Active Doirectory, you are doing GRT of a Viortual machine that happens to be a DC. In thebackup job log did it actually state that Active driectory had been discovered and protected?

Also do you have the Applications and database license on the media server as you need this as well as the VMware Agent license in order to do application GRT?

Allen_John
Level 4

1.png

Also do you have the Applications and database license on the media server as you need this as well as the VMware Agent license in order to do application GRT?

Yes

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Expand the VM server object and then expand the system state of that object. You will find the AD userids there