cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Pending Hung

mcguire6799
Level 3

I have a job that has been at "Cancel Pending" for going on 24 hours now. I have restarted all services multiple times, as well as manually stopped processes, as well as rebooting the server itself. The job is still showing as "Cancel Pending." Any advice on what steps to take?

Running Windows Server 2003 SP2

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Go to BEutility.exe and after right-clicking the name of the server, choose the option to repair the BEDB. It is non-intrisuve and won't make changes, but this might fix it.

You can also try completely removing whatever device you're backing up too and then restart the server before re-adding it.

Thanks!

mcguire6799
Level 3

When running BEutility.exe I get the message that it cannot find it so not sure it is installed?

CraigV

Post a screenshot if you don't mind. BEutility.exe is always installed on the media server unless it has subsequently been deleted?

mcguire6799
Level 3

Capture_0.PNG

This is what I am seeing.

CraigV

OK...try a repair of BE using Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks!

mcguire6799
Level 3

I will try this now. For what it is worth I am only seeing it on 1 system regularly for the past few days but it has not been a problem before. So I am going to assume something bigger is going on with it.

mcguire6799
Level 3

Got the job to clear, however it is hung again at "Processing snapshot." What can I test out to try to get it past this step?

mcguire6799
Level 3

Any ideas? Same job every time it runs the weekly or daily it gets hungs and the cancel the job and clear it I have to restart services.