cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Backup EV after migration

siddiqir
Level 4

I am unable to perform backup after EV migration to new server. Everything is working fine on EV server.

Old enviroment:

Windows 2003 R2

SQL 2005

EV 9.0.4

Backup exec 2010 R3

New enviroment:

Windows 2008 R2

SQL 2008 R2

EV 9.0.4

Backup exec 2010 R3

I can see the ev site and select it but when I backup I get the error message below

Error category    : Resource ErrorsError             : e0009504 - For the Backup Exec Enterprise Vault Agent, the Enterprise Vault services are not responding to commands sent by Backup Exec. Ensure that the Enterprise Vault Directory Service is running.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38148

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the old server, browse to C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports or  C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports and rename the existing EVbackup.xml file to EVbackup.xml_old

Restart the BE services on the BE media server and the Remote Agent services on the new EV / SQL servers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

Try reinstalling the Backup Exec Remote Agent on the EV (and SQL) servers.

siddiqir
Level 4

It did not help. I have isolated the problem. The backup exec media server still points to old EV server. I have uninstalled the backup agent from old ev server and now when I try to backup it says backup agent is not installed. So, how can I tell media server to look out for new EV server.

VJware
Level 6

On the old server, browse to C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports or  C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports and rename the existing EVbackup.xml file to EVbackup.xml_old

Restart the BE services on the BE media server and the Remote Agent services on the new EV / SQL servers.