Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Backup SQL 2000 databases with Backupexec 12.5

cricostache
Level 2

Hi,
The configuration is: windows server 2003x64 Enterprise R2 with SQL Server 2000
Media server is on a Windows 2003 Enterprisex86 R2.

The Erorr is: 
Backup- sqlserver
Database \TestBackup was not found, or could not be accessed.
Backup- sqlserver
The item sqlserver.ers-sa.ro\TestBackup in use - skipped.

There is nothing wrong in job settings or accesing credentials. Passed the creddentials tests and on the same backup job - antother SQL server is backed up successfully.

The story is like this: the SQL Server was moved with all databases (system and user) from an old SQL instance to a new SQL instance with the same version.

What happens when the job is running? Well the DBCC checkdb command was completed and then the backup was skkiped with the above messages. The backup exec log is attached

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Create a new selection list with same selections and incorporate the new selection list in the job.

cricostache
Level 2

Thank you for your response.
It's not about the selections - i did that. I create a separate job for the server with problems.

I also create a new database and cannot be backed up.
Please tell me what information do you need to undestand what the problem is.

Regards,

Cristian

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Cristian,

What might have happened is that there are entries pointing to a DB that no longer exists on your server, but do in your selection list.
Open up your selection list, and go to the tab next to the screen that shows your servers selected (been on leave, and still in leave mode... =) ). This is a section allowing you to manually enter in selection inclusions/exclusions. Check here to see if there is an inclusion for that DB on that server, and if so, remove it.
BEWS is looking for something that is supposed to exist...when it doesn't your job fails.

Let us know!

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Come right here?