cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Cancel Backup Job (Backup Exec 2012 - Trial)

delamodedan
Level 3

Hi,

I have tried cancelling a backup job using the GUI and tried using the command get-bejob "Job Name" ¦ stop-bejob but it just wont cancel and stays at Snapshot Processing.

I have an active restore job processing nicely so I do not want to go down the route of restarting the server of ending processes.

Any help would be much appreciated on how I can cancel this job?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Dan,

Sounds like this is still an issue with BE 2012...it's been seen in previous versions.

Restart the Backup Exec services using BEutility.exe (you might have to manually kill the processes in Task Manager), and try the job again.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Dan,

Sounds like this is still an issue with BE 2012...it's been seen in previous versions.

Restart the Backup Exec services using BEutility.exe (you might have to manually kill the processes in Task Manager), and try the job again.

Thanks!

delamodedan
Level 3

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply as in so many other forums the requests for help seem to sit there for eternity without an answer!

The job has cancelled on its own accord after 2 hours (and just after i posted the cry for help) of waiting which to me is exceptionally excessive just to cancel something??

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Here's an explanation as to why in some cases it needs time to cancel a job(it still applies to Backup Exec 2012): http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87507