cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add SharePoint Server Farm into Backup Exec 2012

Guru_Prasad_P
Level 2
Partner Accredited

When I try to add the SharePoint foundation in my backup list. I get the below error.

"Either the Sharepoint server farm already exists in the servers list or Backup Exec cannot access the server farm.  Check to see if the Sharepoint farm exists in the list of servers or check the farm's web server name and credentials"

I tried the below link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH180468

But coudnt find a solution. I installed Backup exec agent on SharePoint Server but no use.

Is there any way that we can sort this issue.

regards,

Guru..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Timo_K
Level 3

Hello,

I find solution! There was case in symantec support site.

Case find little different title name, this name.

Attempting to add a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010 Farm in backup selections gives an "Access Denied" error or "Backup Exec cannot confirm the SharePoint Topology"

And article is Article:TECH58121

Now when backup is working I must test restore but that is different story...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is your BE service account (or another account you use to connect to Sharepoint) administrator in Sharepoint ?

Guru_Prasad_P
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Yes it is a default domain adminstartor account which is configured

regards,

Guru

Timo_K
Level 3

Hello,

I have same problem did you find any solution?

BR

Timo

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you confirmed in the Backup/Restore tab if the Farm has been already added in. This normally would get added by the webserver name. Create a backup job and confirm form the seletion for that server and see if you can view the SharePoint resources.

Timo_K
Level 3

There are no Farm added Backup/REstore tab. I remove and install agents again. I get same error when I add Farm.

Have you any idea what we can check?

Timo_K
Level 3

Hello,

I find solution! There was case in symantec support site.

Case find little different title name, this name.

Attempting to add a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010 Farm in backup selections gives an "Access Denied" error or "Backup Exec cannot confirm the SharePoint Topology"

And article is Article:TECH58121

Now when backup is working I must test restore but that is different story...