cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup EV SQL Databases using EV Backup Agent - Final Error: 0ce000848c - Unable to attach to a resource

aschnarrs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Environment...

2 EV 9 SP3 servers

1 Dedicated SQL 2008 R2 server for EV

SQL running fine with no issues as is EV. All EV functions are working as intended.

Dedicated Backup Exec 2010 R3 server

Problem...

Last week we migrated the dedicated EV SQL server from Windows 2003/SQL 2005 to Windows 2008 R2/SQL 2008 R2.  Prior to the SQL upgrade/move the EV SQL backups were running without error.

Now when running the EV backups with SQL 2008 the indexes and partitions backup with no problems but the SQL databases fail to backup with a generic "unable to attach to a resource" message. See attached picture.

The backup account we are using to backup EV and SQL is a domain account, a domain admin, a local admin on both boxes, also a dbowner and sysadmin on sql. Also it has EV backup rights via EV roles based admin..

Windows firewalls are off. we have complete access to SQL and EV. On the backup exec server we can browse to the EV and SQL server with no issues.

Any assistance would be appreciated. We also have a case open with support and have spoken to both EV and Backup exec team and so far we cannot get the issue resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aschnarrs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I was able to get this resolved.  Turns out that it was the order I installed the backup exec agent on SQL.  I didnt thought it mattered but We first installed the backup exec agent then SQL 2008.  For some reason the agent didnt see SQL installed on the server.  So we uninstalled the agent then reinstalled it and now it can see SQL and its working. 

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SaurabhK_BE
Level 3
Employee

Could you provide the case number ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you already tried to recreate the selection list of this job?

There may be an old reference in the selections to the old SQL instance. 

aschnarrs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I was able to get this resolved.  Turns out that it was the order I installed the backup exec agent on SQL.  I didnt thought it mattered but We first installed the backup exec agent then SQL 2008.  For some reason the agent didnt see SQL installed on the server.  So we uninstalled the agent then reinstalled it and now it can see SQL and its working. 

Thanks for the help!