cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup Exchange 2007 SP1

leej40
Not applicable
Getting VERY frustrated. We purchased Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 for the purpose of backing up our Exchange 2007 information stores, which are located on a clustered Windows 2008 CCR server. The backup worked ONCE, in the past, I think through sheer luck. I replaced the dude who installed backup exec, since he didn't share his password, I eliminated his account from backup exec, and replaced the system logon account with one I created. Since then, I have not been able to even SEE the information stores when selecting the cluster name in Selections. Removing the Microsoft Exchange Agent, and then re-adding it got me back to where I can see and choose the "Microsoft Information Store" now, but any attempt to run the job fails within 3 minutes with this error: "Final error: 0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed....link V-79-57344-34070"

I've combed through the forum, and yes the account I set up is local administrator on the cluster server. Yes, it has been set as Exchange Administrator. Yes, the box running backup exec has exchange management tools loaded on it, in fact it's one of the hub transport servers for exchange. Yes the MAPI tool is loaded. Backup Exec Agent for Windows Servers is loaded on the two mailbox servers. (we have two of them, for redundancy, mailbox1 and mailbox2) I have tried turning on the advanced file option and choosing and unchoosing the "perform consistency check before backup.." I tested the "resource credentials" on the job, which passed, although for the store it said "successful-used server credentials". The store is very simple, it consists of a First Storage Group and Public Folder Storage.

I can select the store, I have set up all the permissions, the Microsoft Exchange Writer appears to be running on the boxes, why won't this work!! Please tell me what to try next!

1 REPLY 1

sam_tech
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Backup of Information Store on Exchange 2007 fails with the error "Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/310884

Please follw these steps one by one and let me know if this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep vaishnavi
Symantec Technical Support